Creek Cottage, Salthouse
Gorgeous flint detached fisherman’s cottage in a fantastic position overlooking the reed beds, bird sanctuary and beaches of Cley and Salthouse.
Creek Cottage, recently renovated throughout, has 5 lovely bedrooms, spacious kitchen & dining room, large comfy sitting room, conservatory and extensive private gardens. Just four minutes walk to the village green, pub and famous Cookie’s seafood restaurant.
Please view our Accessibility Statement.
We had a great family holiday at Creek Cottage, in mid September 2017. The accommodation was excellent, spacious and comfortable for our group of seven adults and an 18 month old. Facilities also were excellent with a spacious kitchen and adjacent dining area, ensuite or immediately adjacent toilets/showers and large, comfortable beds. Also appreciated were the two separate lounge areas allowing a choice of pursuits for everyone. Children are well catered for with an enclosed garden, a selection of outdoor toys and (for the little ones) a duck pond and a friendly Horse just over the road. Inside, a high chair and stair gate provided. Five minutes walk to the beach and a lovely view over the fields to the sea, loads of things to do… what more could you want!
Norman, September 2017
Situated in picturesque Salthouse, just opposite the duck pond, Creek Cottage is a lovingly restored traditional flint cottage with great facilities. Leading from the main hall, the spacious sitting room provides comfy sofas and evening light pouring in through the picture windows. Also off the main hall is the entrance to the farmhouse-style kitchen and dining room, with french windows out to the sunny south patio and private garden.
On the other side of the dining room, a bright and cheery conservatory/ T.V. room leads back into the main hall. From the sitting room there is access to the downstairs double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Upstairs, the half landing splits to a double bedroom (king size bed) with en-suite shower room and a single bedroom, all with views over the marsh; and on the other side to another double bedroom (also with king size bed) and single bedroom together with a family bathroom.
Altogether, this is a gorgeous, spacious cottage in a fantastic setting.
At a glance
Salthouse, North Norfolk
5 lovely bedrooms (3 doubles, 2 singles)
3 bathroom/shower rooms
5 car spaces in driveway
Sea and marsh views
5 minute walk to beach
From £950 per week
Available from £950/wk
Nice to have
- Welcome pack - teas & coffee, biscuits, wine
- Food service - 'heat and eat'
- Fine cotton linens – not just white!
- Mix of down and non-feather pillows/duvets
- Books & magazines
- Old films, new films (comedy, kids, thrillers)
- Wireless Broadband
- LCD TV with Freesat & dvd player
- Scented flower arrangements
- Barbeque – for all those hot sunny evenings!
Nice to know
- Walking distance of the beach, shops, pub
- Separate living room and TV room
- Well equipped kitchen
- Towels available (on request)
- Travel cot & high chair available (on request)
- Guest animals (by prior arrangement)
- Ample, safe parking
- Comfy sofas and stylish decor
- Big beams and pastel colours
- Detached cottage with gardens & patio
- Local friendly owner - happy to help!
- Booking confirmation & directions in writing